My internet connection at home is finally back! My normal body clock is also back! And my 3rd-year-college waist line, unfortunately, is also back. Anyhoo, while I welcome all these lost conventional mechanisms with open arms, I also would like to think that change is good. The thing with ‘change’ is the idea that it is forever elusive. Some things that went through the process of ‘losing and returning’ will simply never be the same again once you reunite with them at the end of the line.
And in a totally unrelated note, here are some of the things that I have come to learn so far.
I have one word: WHATEVER.
1. Jerks, assholes, (some) receptionists, and librarians may all be tied in a capsule and shipped to hell.
2. Magnum ice cream is actually good. But overrated.
3. And yes, Melona is good too. But different.
4. Some things are better off prolonged.
5. You never eat garlic pasta before a date which involves a lot of kissing.
6. Your day job is the best antidote for longing.
7. Adele has only one song that is not about heartbreaks and sadness and depression and wanting-to-slash-your-wrist because-you-were-dumped. You only listen to it once.
8. Taking a walk to the jeepney terminal can cloud the fact that you have eaten 1000++ worth of calories for lunch.
9. When your employer starts sending you hate mails because you have been out of reach for days, you get back to him with a smiley. And then you start making up excuses and other lies.
10. Sometimes, you do not give your all. You. Just. Don’t.